Appendix C — Golf Site Requirements
Use of golf courses and driving ranges authorized by Section 16.a.iii.2. of this Order shall comply with the following requirements:
General Training and Cleanliness:
1. All employees will be trained on proper sanitation, as outlined by the CDC (i.e. washing hands for 20 seconds with soap and water, sneezing into elbows, wearing masks and gloves, staying home is sick).
2. Staff will regularly clean restrooms and sanitize all touch points.
3. All employees and customers will be required to follow Federal, State, and local guidelines for social distancing, masks, and interactions.
Pro Shop Operations:
1. Pro shops shall not be open for retail sales. The shops shall not allow more than 2 (two) patrons in the facility at a time, while keeping a minimum of 6 feet distance from one another.
2. Only credit card or online payments accepted.
3. Only take-out food and beverages services allowed.
4. No indoor or outdoor seating.
5. Plastic screens between staff and customers are required.
6. Staff shall wear facial coverings at all times.
7. Customers will be required to wear facial coverings while in the pro shop.
8. No rental clubs.
9. No more than 6 (six) tee times per hour.
10. Hand sanitizer will be available to all staff and customers.
11. Doors will be propped open to avoid points of contact.
12. All protocols will be posted on the websites and at the courses. Course staff and golfers will be required to enforce the protocols in order to remain open.
1. Players shall maintain a minimum 6-foot distance from others.
2. Maximum of four players per group.
3. No shared equipment.
4. Players shall have a facial covering with them and use it to comply with the Health Officer’s Order regarding Facial Coverings (C19-07).
5. Hand carts will be sanitized after each use.
6. Sonoma County residents only with proof of residency.
7. No tournament style events.
8. No private lessons, group instruction or clinics.
9. No club cleaning by personnel.
10. Hand towels, ice chests with water, seed/sand bottles, on-course bunker rakes, ball washers, community tees, scorecards and pencils, rakes for sand traps, and all on course water stations will be removed from the course.
11. Flag will be no touch and left in at all times.
12. Cups will be filled to within 1 inch of the green or raised above green height to avoid reaching in the cup for the ball.
13. Post, in areas visible to all workers, required hygienic practices including not touching face with unwashed hands or with gloves; washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; use of hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol, cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces such as workstations, keyboards, telephones, handrails, machines, shared tools, and doorknobs; covering the mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing as well as other hygienic recommendations by the CDC.
14. Golf courses and driving ranges shall designate a site-specific COVID-19 supervisor to enforce these requirements. The designated COVID-19 supervisor shall be present on site at all times during golfing activities. The COVID19 supervisor can be an on-site worker who is designated to carry this role.
1. Carts will be limited to one rider and two bags.
2. Carts will be sanitized after each use.
3. Hand carts will be sanitized after each use.
Driving Range Restrictions:
1. When possible, stalls will be widened to twelve (12) feet. If staffs are currently permanent, golfers will be required to use every other one.
2. Balls will be thoroughly cleaned with soap, bleach or disinfectant after each pick of the range and before they are placed back on the range.
3. All range staff attendants must wear gloves and facial coverings.
4. Golf clubs shall not be shared or rented.
5. Range buckets, must be disinfected after each golfer use.
Order of the County Health Officer of the County of Sonoma Extending the Shelter in Place